The WARING Family Bakery
Caversham Bakery & Coffee Shop Manager
We are recruiting for a full-time Manager to run our busy craft bakery & coffee shop in Caversham. Our customers enjoy their visits to our Bakery – it’s not just the quality of the of our food, it’s our high standards of service, the way the shop looks and the welcoming, happy and professional staff that count for a lot too.
As the Branch Manager we are looking for someone to oversee everything from providing our customers with the best possible shopping experience, ensuring hygiene and safety standards are met, delivering the finest quality takeaway and coffee shop food to inspiring your team to hit sales targets.
You’ll organise and manage your team to ensure your branch offers the very best experience for our customers and create a positive sales culture. You’ll find this role is management at its most practical – you’ll lead from the front getting involved in food preparation, serving customers and making sure the branch is clean, hygienic and welcoming at all times.
As branch manager we will be looking for you to show us relevant supervisory experience. Previous customer service experience is also key as well as experience in the food and drink industry. You’ll be adaptable and resilient with a flexible approach to working hours to meet the ever changing demands of our business. We are looking for someone who can meet the following;
- You’ll be able to work under pressure to meet defined time frames
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced work environment
- An eye for detail and a positive proactive approach to getting things done
- You’ll love delighting customers and getting stuck in on the shop floor as part of your team.
- The ability to mentor and train to help get the best out of every member of your team.
- You’ll understand the importance of setting a good example to the team by being a good timekeeper, reliable and smart at all times.
- You’ll have a commercial eye to manage and reduce costs including wage budgets and waste tolerances while driving sales up.
- Literacy and Numeracy Skills a must
- A level 2 Food Hygiene standard alongside some bakery, retail or catering experience would be an advantage
As a family business we value hard work and commitment but we understand the need for work-life balance. There’s no late evenings, a rota for Saturdays, we are not open Sundays or bank holidays. We offer a healthy staff discount of 25% and a competitive salary.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and attitude,please contact us and we look forward to hearing from you.