The WARING Family Bakery
Sales Assistant, Part Time – Spencers Wood Branch
We’re looking for a new team member to join our fast paced and busy shop in Spencers Wood.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and outgoing personality and must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Applicants must have a flexible approach to working additional hours to cover holidays or illness which may include a Saturday.
Applicants should be able to work at least 17 hours a week as follows:
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10.30am – 4.15pm
night Bakery Assistant, full Time -production bakehouse, spencers wood
We’re looking for a new team member to join our small production team in our family bakery in Reading.
At our award-winning bakery, we produce bread and confectionery to supply our 6 branches and online delivery service.
We’re looking for an all rounder who is able to demonstrate the ability to produce at craft level or hold a qualification at NVQ level 2 or above. Training is provided for the right candidate so if you feel you have food background and you are passionate about baking please do apply.
Attention to detail regarding product quality, consistency and standard of finish is essential. We’re a small team, so a willingness and ability to be able to respond to the requirements of our shops and online customers’ is really important.
Longer shifts may be required at busier times, along with assistance to cover colleagues’ holidays / time off. The role is also likely to involve wider responsibilities at times, such as involvement in other areas of the bakehouse.
All candidates must:
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and take instruction
- Be able to work under pressure and be flexible and open to change
- Have the ability to retain information and be able to work without continuous guidance
- Be able to follow and adhere to and follow our food safety guidelines and systems – be a clean tidy worker with good organisational skills
- Show an ability to think logically and problem solve
- Be numerate and literate sufficient for the role with an understanding of and ability to communicate sufficiently in English to facilitate good communication within your team
- Be reliable and must have the right to work in the UK
40-hour week over 6 days
Shift are Sunday to Friday nights with set start times to be confirmed. Currently, our branches are closed Sundays & Bank holidays. Therefore, there is no production Saturday night or the night before a Bank Holiday.
Please note: Due to the location of our bakery and lack of public transport throughout the night and early mornings, consideration should be given to the ability to reach our bakery before applying.
If you think we’d be a good fit for you then check out our website and see what we’re all about and contact us with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
bakery production manager, full Time -production bakehouse, spencers wood
Based in Reading, Berkshire, we are a well established family bakery with 6 branches. We produce predominately for our retail shops and online customers.
- We are looking for a people person with strong leadership skills able to work well as part of a team as well as manage and garner the respect of their team.
- Well organised in all areas, especially in relation to time management, forward planning and maintenance of all records and paperwork
- An experienced candidate who can add value to our business by monitoring, evaluating and improving production systems and processes.
- Able to work with senior management on company planning and practices as well as follow instructions and implement them across the team.
- Great attention to detail in all aspects, particularly in the quality of the finished product.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to commute or relocate before starting. Please note: due to the location of our bakery and lack of public transport throughout the night and early mornings, consideration should be given to the ability to reach our bakery before applying.
Qualifications, Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Proven experience in a management role within a food production environment is essential.
- Practical bakery production background an advantage.
- Excellent bakery craft skills and attention to detail
- Quantifiable knowledge of Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and Food Safety legislation
- Great interpersonal skills – able to communicate with all team members and build supportive and trusting relationships throughout the team and with other areas of the business
- Leadership skills to lead the bakery team effectively.
- Analytical skills to evaluate how the bakery is performing and develop strategies for meeting targets.
- Organisation skills to ensure all tasks are completed even when the bakery is busy or under pressure.
- Good time management and forward planning skills.
Hours: 40 to 45 a week – a 5 day week across a 6 day production week
Currently, our branches are closed Sundays & Bank holidays. Therefore, there is no production Saturday night or the night before a Bank Holiday.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience to make a success of this role, we would love to hear from you with your CV at email@example.com